Parents & Spectators Code of Behaviour
EDCC has adopted the following “Parents & Supporters Code of Behaviour” as developed in alignment with Sport Australia and the Spirit of Cricket.
- Do not force an unwilling child to participate in cricket.
- Remember, children are involved in cricket for their enjoyment, not yours.
- Encourage your child to play by the rules.
- Focus on the child’s efforts and performance, rather than winning or losing.
- Never ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake or losing a game.
- Remember that children learn best by example. Appreciate good performances and skillful play by all participants.
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities.
- Respect officials’ decisions and teach children to do likewise.
- Show appreciation for volunteer coaches, officials, and administrators. Without them, your child could not participate.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.