Umpires Code of Behaviour
EDCC has adopted the following “Umpires Code of Behaviour” as developed in alignment with Sport Australia and the Spirit of Cricket.
- Compliment and encourage all participants.
- Be consistent, objective, and courteous when making decisions.
- Condemn unsporting behaviour and promote respect for all participants.
- Emphasise the spirit of the game rather than the errors.
- Encourage and promote rule changes which will make participation more enjoyable.
- Be a good sport yourself – actions speak louder than words.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest available resources for umpiring and the principles of growth and development of young people.
- You set the example. Your behaviour and comments should be positive and supportive.
- Place the safety and welfare of participants above all else.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person regardless of their gender, ability cultural background or religion.